I haven’t had much time (or honestly, inclination) to write recently but I’ve had some time at work while the new year is slowly starting to do some reading. Here are some links I’ve enjoyed reading recently:
- On the myth that divorce rates are rising: The 50% divorce rate stat is a myth, so why won’t it die?
- A different way of looking at your family; how many people around you might actually be a 5th or 6th cousin? From my favourite blog, Wait But Why: Your Family: Past, Present and Future
- Thinking about what activities you do (or maybe haven’t done for a while) that make you like the person it brings out in you: Where self esteem comes from
- When you remember an incident that made you upset it brings up that emotion again; how do the stories we tell ourselves in our head affect us?: What stories are you telling yourself?
- And for something a bit different, this is an article about how Chris McCandless (who “Into the Wild” is based on) actually came to his death out in the Alaskan wilderness: How Chris McCandless Died